Creative and Experienced
For more than 11 years, I have been designing and developing professional web sites for a wide range of clients, including professional consulting firms, retail/wholesale businesses, non-profit organizations, the Government of Canada and hotel/motel properties.
Web design and development solutions that I provide are customized to suit each client’s goals and objectives, targeted web site audience, other parallel marketing initiatives, timing, budget, etc.
I create web sites that are eye-catching, accessible, professional-looking, quick to load and easy to use, ensuring a positive experience for all visitors.
Personalized service, careful planning and cost-effective solutions ensure my client’s success.
My sites are developed with ASP – Active Server Pages – and I use server-side includes (SSI) extensively to ensure a consistent look and feel across an entire site and to aid in site management. I also have limited experience with PHP and ColdFusion.
A database can also be used to dynamically-generate content for an entire web site, portions of a site (e.g. product listing), or for on-line application forms. Databases that I have used for web integration include: MS Access, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
Developing to Web Standards
I strive to create web sites that are:
- accessible to all users including those that use adaptive devices (e.g., screen readers) and text-based browsers;
- written in XHMTL or HTML code that is both semantically- and structurally-accurate (i.e., proper use of
<hn>tags for headings, using
<p>tags for paragraphs, using
<table>tags for tabular data, etc.);
- quick to download reducing bandwidth costs and waiting times for visitors;
- easy to use and navigate allowing visitors to find the information they are looking for quickly;
- attractive and consistent with a common look and feel used across all pages/sections of a site that is also inline with a client’s existing branding and marketing efforts; and,
- optimized for search engines.
Tailored services to meet your individual requirements can include:
Project descriptions of the web design and development solutions I have undertaken are available.
- complete web site implementation for new sites;
- redesign/redevelopment of existing sites (site make-overs);
- information architecture analysis and creation;
- database integration for dynamically-generated content;
- customized e-commerce/shopping cart solutions;
- search engine optimization and marketing;
- email newsletters;
- customized site-wide search engine using Zoom Search Engine;
- on-line feedback and/or registration forms;
- interpret and analyze site traffic using AwStats or WebTrends and prepare statistical reports;
- domain name registration and web hosting;
- creation and submission of a customized Google Site Map;
- photo scanning and manipulation;
- effective copy writing for the web; and,
- sites built with Macromedia’s DreamWeaver Template Language for use with Macromedia Contribute.
Have questions? – I would be pleased to answer them. – Contact me for a no obligation chat.